Welcome to St Catherine's Catholic College
2016 marks a change in the story of St Catherine’s Catholic College as I commence the year as the principal. May I take this opportunity to welcome all students and staff to the new academic year.
I am very much committed to St Catherine’s, providing high quality Catholic Education, being a community that strives for excellence in all aspects of schooling. It is our role to cater for the learning needs of each individual. All students must be engaged, challenged and experience success in their learning. St Catherine’s staff is deeply committed to effective and innovative teaching and takes particular care and interest in the learning style and attributes of each student.
St Catherine’s is more than a school committed to academic excellence it is a Catholic school that embraces the teachings of Jesus and Gospel values. In this Year of Mercy as pronounced by Pope Francis, we will also explore as a community the richness this opportunity provides us.
It is with much pleasure that as a resident of Singleton I also become a parishioner of St Patrick’s. I look forward to continuing the strong relationship between St Catherine’s and the parish. As a parishioner I am keen to become an active member in parish ministries.
As St Catherine’s Catholic College Community we are ambassadors for Christ, striving to bring faith and culture into peace and harmony. In our relationships with each other we accept and encourage the unique creativity and integrity of each person.
Together we grow in:
- Developing a sense of belonging, co-operation and caring within our Catholic community.
- Promoting an understanding and love of oneself and one’s neighbour.
- Engendering a sense of hope, wonder and joy in living.
- Nurturing the gifts and talents of all members of our College community.
- Becoming responsible stewards of all creation.
- Striving to become a faith-filled, compassionate community.
- Living in a loving relationship with Jesus and each other.
- Respecting our traditions and heritage.
- Developing resilient and reflective community members.
- Nurturing a passion for lifelong learning.
- Empowering the leadership potential of all.
- Developing a social conscience imbued with a sense of justice, mercy tolerance and respect.
- Becoming informed decision makers.
- Achieving a dynamic balance of mind, body and spirit
As we strive for excellence in the classroom and beyond, St Catherine’s Catholic College continues to provide quality learning through culture, curriculum and community. Pastoral Care is a key component of St Catherine’s Catholic College.
Our College is a K-12 learning institution which provides a smooth and continual education across all stages of schooling.
The College is committed to offering holistic education which addresses each child’s spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional needs in a safe, happy and loving learning environment.
2016 promises to be an exciting year for the St Catherine’s community. I offer my commitment to work tirelessly to provide the best possible outcomes for all members of our community.
“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire." St Catherine of Sienna.
Mrs Maryanne Finder
2015 HSC Congratulations