Welcome to St Catherine's Catholic College 2017
A very warm welcome back to the 2017 school year in particular I welcome new students to St Catherine’s Catholic College, those beginning their primary journey and other students who have joined us in different year levels. As year 12 students commence their final year at St Catherine’s we wish them every success in their studies. You and your families are most welcome to the St Catherine’s community. I trust everyone had the opportunity to rest and recharge over the summer holidays I also hope you had the opportunity to reflect upon the deeper message of Christmas.
2017 promises to be a wonderful year. The teaching and support staff are well prepared to begin the year in a positive and productive manner.
St Catherine’s Catholic College begins 2017 with high expectations with regard to teaching and learning. St Catherine’s Catholic College are very proud of the outstanding HSC results achieved last year. These results include:
- 3rd performing school in the Hunter
- 121st school in NSW
- Only Diocesan school in top 150
- From 252 examinations, 113 were Band 5 or Band 6
- All Mathematics Extension 1 students achieved Band E4
- All Drama students achieved Band 6
- 6 students received all Band 5 or Band 6
- 72% of examination results were Bands 4, 5 or 6
- In 16 subjects assessed as HSC examinations results were above the state average – Business Studies, Community & Family Studies, Drama, English Advanced, English Extension 1, Legal Studies, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics General 2, Modern History, Music 1, Personal Development Health & Physical Education, Primary Industries, Senior Science, Studies of Religion 2 and Visual Arts.
These results challenge us all to strive for excellence in all we do. Teaching and Learning at St Catherine’s continues to grow in 2017 with a focus on Literacy K-12.
St Catherine’s Catholic College is committed to providing high quality Catholic Education, being a community that strives for excellence in all aspects of schooling. It is our role to cater for the learning needs of each individual. All students must be engaged, challenged and experience success in their learning. St Catherine’s staff is deeply committed to effective and innovative teaching and takes particular care and interest in the learning style and attributes of each student.
St Catherine’s is more than a school committed to academic excellence it is a Catholic school that embraces the teachings of Jesus and Gospel values.
As St Catherine’s Catholic College Community we are ambassadors for Christ, striving to bring faith and culture into peace and harmony. In our relationships with each other we accept and encourage the unique creativity and integrity of each person.
Together we grow in:
- Developing a sense of belonging, co-operation and caring within our Catholic community.
- Promoting an understanding and love of oneself and one’s neighbour.
- Engendering a sense of hope, wonder and joy in living.
- Nurturing the gifts and talents of all members of our College community.
- Becoming responsible stewards of all creation.
- Striving to become a faith-filled, compassionate community.
- Living in a loving relationship with Jesus and each other.
- Respecting our traditions and heritage.
- Developing resilient and reflective community members.
- Nurturing a passion for lifelong learning.
- Empowering the leadership potential of all.
- Developing a social conscience imbued with a sense of justice, mercy tolerance and respect.
- Becoming informed decision makers.
- Achieving a dynamic balance of mind, body and spirit.
As we strive for excellence in the classroom and beyond, St Catherine’s Catholic College continues to provide quality learning through culture, curriculum and community. Pastoral Care is a key component of St Catherine’s Catholic College.
Our College is a K-12 learning institution which provides a smooth and continual education across all stages of schooling.
The College is committed to offering holistic education which addresses each child’s spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional needs in a safe, happy and loving learning environment.
Finally, I offer you blessings for the year. I hope your personal, professional and families’ lives are filled with opportunity and love.
“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire." St Catherine of Sienna.
Mrs Maryanne Finder
Welcome to QKR